In order to be allowed to study at IPU in New Zealand, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- A minimum age of 18 years (you must be 18 years old at the time of your application)
- You should be currently enrolled at an institution of higher education (university, university of applied sciences or similar) or have proof of completed studies in High School or tertiary institute (depending on the programme you wish to apply to)
- Sufficient English skills verified by an accepted English test certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge English Qualifications, OET, Pearson Test of English, LanguageCert, Trinity ISE or NZCEL). See required attachments below.
- In order to apply, you are expected to have sufficient funding for covering all the necessary costs, including the application fee, tuition fee, visa, flights, accommodation and other living expenses.
- When applying to our programs, you commit to completing the minimum amount of courses required by the host university and adhering to its attendance policies. Depending on the destination, this might mean taking 2–5 courses, attending 75 % of the lectures for each course. Adhering to these requirements is necessary for you to get a transcript of records at the end of your study abroad period. Also, if you are found to not follow the requirements set by the host university, it has the right to cancel your student visa.
- An official transcript of records in English (stamped or signed by your home institution) or a high school certificate
- IPU New Zealand application form
- An attested/certified copy of the identification page of your passport. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 3 months after leaving New Zealand. If your passport expires earlier, please apply for a new one and submit it to us by the application deadline.
- Passport-sized photograph
- List of the courses that you would like to take
- Official International English language test. The International English language test must be NZQA-approved. The following tests are approved by NZQA: NZCEL, IPU NZ EPT, IELTS (Academic), PToE (Academic), ToEFL (pbT), TOEFL (iBT). Your test results cannot be older than 48 months. For the minimum score required please refer to the table below:
Study at IPU in New Zealand
IPU offers the most affordable study abroad program for international students. Sign up here to save more than 50% on tuition fees.